I am loving comfort food at the moment and this black-eye bean stew is the way to go. It takes such little time to prepare and cook, definitely one to have after a long day working.
- 1 can (400g) black-eye beans, drained and rinsed
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely sliced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- On medium heat, fry the garlic and onion in the olive oil until lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beans and all the seasonings and mix well.
- Pour in the stock and coconut milk and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Leave to simmer for 12- 15 minutes.
Best served hot.