Soup is the way forward now that autumn has fully arrived. As the days get colder and wetter, soup is a constant go to. They don’t take much time to prepare and cook, and can be so versatile which I love so you can always mix up these recipes as you like. This recipe is perfect after a long day at work and you’re not quite feeling a long winded time in the kitchen cooking.
- 1 can (400g) peeled plum tomatoes in tomato sauce.
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Start by frying the onion and garlic in the oil on medium heat until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the chilli, cumin and season with salt and pepper and continue to fry for 2-4 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes and the juice from the can and bring to a gentle boil.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, drop the temperature to medium-low and leave to cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, blitz the soup until smooth. Serve immediately in a bowl with your favourite crusty bread.
Best served hot.