- Half of a ripe avocado
- Half a packet of fresh spinach- washed
- Half a cup of garden peas
- Dried thyme
- Dried mint
- 2 garlic cloves
- White wine
- Juice of half a lime
- Olive oil
- Start by chopping the garlic into small pieces and fry with the spinach, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper in a frying pan for a couple of minutes on a medium heat.
- Then add the peas to the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes. The peas will start to mush at this point.
- Add a tablespoon of white wine and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Roughly mash up the avocado into chunks and put into a blender along with a sprinkling of dried thyme and mint.
- Squeeze the lime into the blender and add the contents of the frying pan. Blend together until satisfied with the consistency.
This purée is suited to lamb dishes.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 spring onions
- 4 shallots
- 1 aubergine cut into chunks
- 4 large closed cup mushrooms cut into chunks
- Lamb strips (thin)
- 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chilli powder
- Dried Coriander
- 1 teaspoon of smooth peanut butter
- 2 Basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the garlic, shallots and spring onion in some oil until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and the aubergine chunks and fry.
- After 7-10 minutes, add: the soy sauce, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and a sprinkling of chilli powder, paprika, dried coriander, salt and pepper.
- Add half a cup of water and cook until the mixture has reduced or until the aubergine has become soft.
- Once the mixture has reduced add the basil and the peanut butter and mix well.
- Finally add the lamb strips and cook for approximately 10 minutes (depending on how thick or thin the strips are).
Serve with a bowl of rice.