One of the good things about lockdown is how much more time I am spending in the kitchen. Not going to lie… I am loving it. I have reduced the amount of meat that I am having at the moment so I am trying to get more experimental with more vegetarian and vegan recipes. Below is the recipe I used for my simple chickpea curry which I served with basmati rice. Hope you enjoy 🙂
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 can of peeled plum tomatoes- chopped into pieces
- Couple of handfuls of spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic- chopped
- 1tsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 shallot- chopped
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1tsp of mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (you can add more if you’d like more spice)
- Olive oil
- In a pan put a couple table spoons of olive oil and the garlic, ginger, shallot and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and the chopped tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the spinach and cook down until wilted.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the curry powder, cayenne and salt and pepper. Mix this together consistently for 2-3 minutes.
- Then leave the curry to infuse for 10-15 minutes- stir occasionally.
- Finally, remove from the heat and serve with rice.