Skip to content
- 1 clove of garlic
- Couple handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 handful of lightly roasted pine nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of grated parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- A squeeze of lemon (optional)
- Put the basil leaves and pine nuts into a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add the garlic and cheese and pulse again.
- Whilst the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil until the sauce is of a dense consistency. (Taste to see if you are happy with cheese and oil, otherwise add more to the mixture.)
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 1 medium brown onion diced
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tin of cannellini beans
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Sweat the diced onion in a large pot on a medium heat with the olive oil.
- Once the onion has browned add the garlic and sweet potato cubes and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and boil for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture has thickened in consistency and the potato is tender.
- Drain the water from the cannellini beans and add to the pot.
- Add the remaining seasonings of: curry power, cumin, paprika and a pinch of both salt and pepper; then stir for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the coconut and stir to then leave to boil for a further 10 minutes.
- Using either a food processor or a hand blender puree the soup. (Add extra seasonings if needed).
- Once blended serve immediately.
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 ripe banana
- Ice cubes
- Squeeze the juice of the 2 oranges and add to a blender.
- Add the banana, cranberry juice and ice cubes to the blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.