Packed with powerful spices and vegetables, this vegan cauliflower curry is a hearty, filling dish ready to satisfy all your family.
A simple one pot dish that is so simple to make and is perfect for the wintery weather
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Lime (optional)
- In a pan, on medium-low heat, fry the onion, garlic and ginger in the olive oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Then add all the spices, including salt and pepper.
- Add all the vegetables and fry together for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir.
- Drop the heat slightly, cover and leave to cook for 30-35 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Upon serving, squeeze some lime over the dish for added deliciousness.
Best served hot and with rice.