Let’s be real now, December is right round the corner so let’s not waste time and get those preparations under way. I know there are many of us that have taken to online shopping to get ourselves ready for Christmas celebrations and boy, it will be here sooner than we think. Rocky road is a simple, no bake dessert that can make a fantastic treat and gift to your friends and loved ones during the holiday period. Bringing in those Christmassy vibes I have created a ginger spiced dessert that showcases the flavours of Christmas time.
Makes 16-18 pieces.
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 200g ginger nut biscuits
- 3 tbsps golden syrup
- 130g unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g mini marshmallows
- Line a 10.5 x 8 tin with greaseproof paper and then leave aside.
- Put the chocolate pieces, butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl and place above a saucepan that is filled with a small amount of water. Gently simmer and occasionally stir the chocolate mixture until smooth and silky. (Be sure that the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl and that no water touches the chocolate as this will cause it to seize up.) Once ready, take off the heat, add the cinnamon and ground ginger, mix and leave to cool slightly.
- Place the ginger nut biscuits in a sandwich/freezer bag and give it a good bash with a rolling pin until there’s a mixture of chunks and dust. Then place the contents into a large bowl along with the mini marshmallows.
- Pour the chocolate over the marshmallows and biscuits and mix thoroughly.
- Place into the tin and spread it out evenly into the corners. Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Dust the rocky road with icing sugar (optional) and cut into 16-18 pieces.