With the weather being so temperamental at the moment I feel a bit lost with what to prepare in the kitchen. It’s been raining like mad which makes me feel cool and cosy feeling the need for a warmer meal. On the other hand it’s just so humid so something really light just feels like the right way to go. I’ve concocted this cheeky little number which is really light and healthy, but also nice and warm as it’s served fresh from the grill.
- 1 aubergine, sliced
- 1 sweet pointed red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 dsp pine nuts
- Crushed black pepper
- Place the aubergine and pepper onto a baking tray. Season with salt and generously with the crushed black pepper.
- Drizzle over olive oil and grill on medium-high or 200 in an electric grill.
- Grill for 10 minutes, then flip the vegetables over and put back in the grill for an additional 10 minutes or remove the tray when the vegetables have charred and have softened.
- Place the aubergine and pepper on to the serving dish of choice. Drizzle over the tahini and lemon juice and scatter over the pine nuts and serve.