This week hasn’t been too great if I am quite honest. I haven’t been feeling all that well, my appetite completely disappeared and all I wanted to do was sleep. Drawing closer to the weekend I have managed to gain more energy and strength and so I thought I’d share the perfect recipe to give you that nutritional healthy boost you need after your body has had a rough few days. Personally for this soup I prefer my vegetables to have a bit of bite to them, do cook the soup for longer if you prefer them softer. Additionally, feel free to whiz this up in a food processor or hand blender if you fancy a smoother texture.
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 courgette, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 handful spinach, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 dried bayleaves
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- On medium heat, fry the celery, carrot, courgette garlic and bayleaves in oil together for 4-5 minutes.
- Season with pepper, add the spinach and the stock and mix well. Cover and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
Best served hot.