A delicious bowl of wonderful flavours, ready to awaken those tastebuds and transport you to a party on your palate. It’s refreshingly light, fantastic as an evening meal if you don’t fancy something heavy. You can also make the stew without the fish if you are feeling a fish free or vegan meal, this is just as yum without the basa.
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1 can peeled plum tomatoes
- 200g baby button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 chilli, roughly chopped
- 2 basa fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lime juice (optional)
- In a pan, start by frying the garlic in the olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- On medium heat, add the mushrooms and cook with the garlic for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli, all seasonings and lime zest and cook together for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the fish fillets in the pan and pour in the coconut milk. Give it a thorough mix.
- Cover and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes. Upon serving squeeze a little fresh lime juice (optional) and grate a little more zest for added tanginess.
Best served hot.