Watercress is where it’s at this month. A beautiful green, packed with delicious flavour and delectable pepperiness that is in this bowl of goodness. Watercress is also fantastic with salad, however considering the ‘delightful’ rain that has blessed us with its presence, I thought that a soup is the better way to go for this weeks recipe; I hope you all enjoy!
- 1 handful of watercress, thoroughly washed
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 90g peas
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Start by frying the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the courgette and peas and cook together for a couple of minutes.
- Season with the oregano, add the watercress and pour in the vegetable stock; mix well and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes (or until the courgettes are cooked through).
- Remove from the heat and using a food processor or hand blender blitz the soup until smooth. Give it a taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Best served hot