I wasn’t lying when I said that I was cutting down on meat but boy I didn’t even realise that it had been several weeks since I last posted a meat recipe. Let me tell you, this one is definitely worth the wait and cannot be missed out. It’s sticky, it’s juicy, it’s so good just start making a shopping list because this just won’t disappoint!
- 2 duck legs
- 250ml orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 dsp light brown sugar
- Make sure you’ve removed the meat from the fridge at least an hour before cooking.
- Start by making the marinade by mixing all the above ingredients (but the duck) together in a bowl, thoroughly. In a separate bowl place the duck legs and pour over the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180° or gas mark 4. In a baking tray, place the two duck legs and pour over the rest of the marinade. Place in the oven and bake for one hour (baste every 15 minutes). Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.