Delicious, chilled and cucumber perfectly sums up this weeks recipe. Even though the rainy wet weather has returned it has been incredibly humid and still rather warm. The feeling of having a warm hot meal still doesn’t tickle my taste buds and so this cucumber concoction is the way to go. Personally I think that cucumbers are underrated and can be so versatile and refreshing. An ingredient that is readily available all year round and can make such a simple dish so tasty.
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tsp dried mint
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil (for serving)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Leave in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Upon serving drizzle a little extra olive oil.