The huge temperature drop has not gone unnoticed this week, it has been so cold! Fortunately this hearty, vegan recipe is the way to go for the perfect comforting and flavourful dish.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (400g) black beans
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium sized shallot, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- Start by frying the garlic and shallot together in the olive oil on medium heat until softened and translucent.
- Add the sweet potato and all the seasonings and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the beans and fry for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, cover and drop the heat to medium-low. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the lid and add the spinach, mix and leave for 5 minutes and serve.
Best served hot.