It’s stew time!
We are already over half way through the month and let’s be honest… if you haven’t already put on your heating it’s only a matter of time before you do. The days are getting shorter and it’s getting darker a lot earlier which just screams that the winter and the cold are on the way. I’ve found that with those chillier evenings a warmer and more heartier meal is the way to go. An easy one for a weekday if you’re back from work late or if you’re feeling minimal time in the kitchen. Hope you all enjoy 🙂
- 160g fine green beans, halved
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp onion granules
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- In a pan, put the potato and oil and gradually fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the seasonings and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Put the beans in the pan, mix and cover. Leave to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
Best served hot.