Happy weekend you lovely people! It’s a beautiful day, a fantastic time to be out and enjoy the glorious weather. This weeks recipe is just what you need for a light and refreshing meal or even side dish, full of flavour and perfect if you are going for a picnic or having some friends over for lunch in the garden.
- 100g couscous
- 100ml boiling water
- 70g dried soft apricots, cut into small pieces
- 100g feta cheese, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp seed mix (the one I used included: sunflower, pumpkin, hemp seeds and golden linseed)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Crushed black pepper
- Start by placing the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour in the boiling water, cover with cling film and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, maple syrup and lemon together in a another bowl.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork (and move to the dish or bowl you desire), add the apricots, feta and seeds and season with crushed black pepper.
- Drizzle over the dressing and give it a good mix.