Fantastic as a lunch meal for this absolutely glorious weather at the moment; finally some real good weather. Perfectly delicious straight off the stove or can be eaten later when chilled. A little cheeky tip, when you have removed the pan from the heat, smash some of the beans with the back of a spoon, as it provides an added texture and I find that it absorbs the juice for those bonus flavour bombs in every bite.
- 1 can (400g) white or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Start by frying the garlic in the olive oil for a minute.
- Add the beans and cook for a further minute.
- Season with black pepper, pour in the stock, mix thoroughly and leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the basil, parsley and lemon.
- Serve in a dish and drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top.