Artichokes are just the absolute best vegetables! Definitely one in my top 5 and truly wish that it was more accessible. Having said that, finding tinned artichoke hearts aren’t as difficult to find and not too extortionately priced; another delicious staple to add to your pantry. This soup is just, next level easy, tasty and suitable for vegetarians and vegans too! Personally, I prefer the chicken stock and cream as it just makes the soup taste that little bit more indulgent but it is equally delicious using the vegetable stock.
- 400g can artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 400 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Single cream (optional)
- On medium heat, fry the shallot and garlic together until blistered and lightly coloured.
- Add the artichoke, season with salt and pepper and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and leave to cook gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth. Upon serving drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil or some single cream for added indulgence (optional).