Let’s be real now, the weather we are having is absolutely awful and I feel like I am cold, all the time! I’m constantly feeling hot food, something warm and hearty to keep me going during these dull grey days. This stewed lentil and cauliflower recipe is a vegan treat packed with lots of delicious spices and aromatic flavours.
- 80g red split lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Ground coriander
- Ground cumin
- Ground mixed spice
- Start by frying the garlic in the olive oil on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add the lentils, paprika and chilli flakes and season with the remaining spices and salt and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the fresh tomatoes, tomato puree and the cauliflower and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, mix well and leave to simmer for 25-30 minutes.
Best served hot.