Merry Christmas Everybody!! I hope you all had an enjoyable time, had lots of amazing food and spent some quality time with some loved ones. Now, I know what you are all thinking, Carla, we have all just stuffed our faces with turkey and you’re coming here and posting something about Turkey, are you feeling alright love? I know,I don’t blame you. There will be a fair few of us with some serious leftovers after yesterdays antics and lets be honest, we need to gobble up those goodies.
This recipe works perfectly for any leftover Turkey or works just as well with Turkey steaks, which is fantastic as they are so easy to access all year round, not just for the Christmas period. So quick and easy to make, you’ll be back to chilling on the sofa watching all the treats in store on the television.
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 turkey steaks, chopped into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- On medium heat, fry the shallot, ginger and garlic in the olive oil until lightly browned.
- Add the turkey and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with all the spices and mix.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they are blistered and have released its juices.
- Squeeze over some lime juice, stir and take off the heat.
Best served hot.