The way the caramelised parts of the pork just screams ‘get in my belly’ with this dish. The cooking time on this bad boy is so short, there are no excuses to not give this a go. You can also switch this up with some added vegetables and spring onion if you’re more on the stir fry vibes. Additionally this goes brilliantly with some boiled rice or with a side salad.
- 4 slices of pork belly, cut into chunks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 dessert spoon of soy sauce
- 1 dessert spoon of sesame oil
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Lime (optional)
- To make the marinade, get a bowl and mix all the ingredients, excluding the pork and lime. Then add the pork and give it a thorough mix. Then leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the bowl and place in a frying pan on high heat. Leave all remaining juices in the bowl. Cook on one side for 5 minutes.
- Drop the heat to medium-high and flip over the meat (the cooked side will be crispy and the marinade will have caramelised). Add in any remaining juices and chilli bits from the bowl to the pan.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, then serve immediately with an optional splash of lime .
Best served hot.