Now I am not one to brag but the sauce on this bad boy is just awesome! The trick with this is to leave the chicken to marinate for at least half hour so the flavours in the sauce can infuse, and when cooked keeps the meat really tender.
I added the shallot and vegetable just for added colour and texture, you can mix this up with any other vegetables or just cook the chicken on its own.
- 2 whole chicken breast fillets, chopped into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large shallot, cut into chunks
- Soaked wooden skewers (soaked so that they don’t burn when grilled)
For the marinade:
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 dessert spoon of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients from the marinade list and give it a good mix. Add the chicken, cover with cling film and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken, shallot and vegetables onto the skewers and place on a grill tray.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes on medium low heat (or until the chicken is cooked); rotate the skewers every 5 minutes or so.
Best served hot and with grilled vegetables or salad.