During the lockdown period everyone has gone to town on making banana bread. Now, don’t get me wrong, banana bread is good but I wanted to mix things up a bit and made my own little twist to a classic dessert. So here we are, another way to make use of those extra bananas; I hope you all enjoy.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 dessert spoon of coconut flakes
- 70g self-raising flour
- 42g butter
- 30g light brown sugar
- 2tsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Roughly slice the bananas, layer and spread across a baking dish.
- Put the coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup in a bowl and give it a good mix.
- In a separate bowl put the flour and butter together and rub to make a crumble.
- Then add the sugar and the coconut flakes and mix together with your hands.
- Pour over the coconut milk mixture over the bananas.
- Evenly scatter the crumble over the bananas and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
Best served hot. Delicious on its own or with a serving of single cream or ice cream.