- 1 Salmon Fillet
- 1 medium potato
- Mushrooms (I used St. George but button works just as well)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Spring onion
- White wine
- 5 chives
- 200ml of Milk
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Peel, wash and chop the potato into chunks and boil.
- Chop the spring onion, garlic and chives into small pieces. Put in a frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil, also add the bay leaf (whole). Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Poach the salmon fillet by adding 200ml of milk and cook on a medium to high heat. When the milk starts to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer the fish for 7-8 minutes. After, remove the fish from the pan and flake into large pieces using a fork.
- Then, add a handful of chopped mushrooms to the milk mixture and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add a splash of white wine.
- Spoon in one tablespoon of cream cheese, a sprinkle of nutmeg and stir. The mixture will become a creamy consistency that coats the back of your cooking spoon. Once this has occurred remove the pan from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and mash into a splash milk, a knob of butter and a small sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Put the salmon flakes in a baking tray, followed by the milk and mushroom mixture. Finish off by adding the mashed potato and spread evenly on the top of the baking tray. Finally, sprinkle some nutmeg on the top of the pie.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Best served hot.