- Half of a ripe avocado
- Half a packet of fresh spinach- washed
- Half a cup of garden peas
- Dried thyme
- Dried mint
- 2 garlic cloves
- White wine
- Juice of half a lime
- Olive oil
- Start by chopping the garlic into small pieces and fry with the spinach, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper in a frying pan for a couple of minutes on a medium heat.
- Then add the peas to the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes. The peas will start to mush at this point.
- Add a tablespoon of white wine and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Roughly mash up the avocado into chunks and put into a blender along with a sprinkling of dried thyme and mint.
- Squeeze the lime into the blender and add the contents of the frying pan. Blend together until satisfied with the consistency.
This purée is suited to lamb dishes.